Thursday, October 9, 2014

Put the Buzz in your Feed, Twitter



One of the things about being a social media maven is that it gives me insight into many useful ways to innovate, improve and progress that which is already out there. Two interesting ideas that I have recently had involve Twitter and Klout.

What has baffled me about Twitter is that basically every major press organization (and Twitter itself) as well as all other websites and blogs do not at least minimally automatically include the author's handle in the Twitter share function. The upside of including this information as well as related handles and hashtags is enormous, not only for the press organization, but for Twitter, companies, authors, and everyone involved. The only website I've recently come across which automatically does include the author's handle is BuzzFeed. This is giving them a serious competitive marketing advantage over all other media companies.

I recently started problem solving this issue because every time I read an article and go to share on Twitter I usually look up not only the author's Twitter handle but also any related handles pertaining to the article. While in a way I consider this part of my competitive advantage for I get to gather a greater understanding while researching this information, I do not always have time to do so and sometimes it is information that I have already researched and gathered in previous posts. Furthermore, doing so shows that I am not only thorough but a savvy Twitter user. However, this should be easier for everyone to accomplish. So I thought why not just crowdsource this information. One could also write code to automatically search Twitter's verified accounts for all proper names mentioned and automatically generate suggested handles and hashtags. This would be extremely beneficial to Twitter because it would generate more conversation, collaboration, information and rich data. Why this hasn't been done yet, I do not know, for it isn't because there aren't enough characters; almost every article leaves around 50 or so characters available.

Addendum added 10/9/14 6:08pm:
Twitter shares should also automatically revert to sharing the author's original tweet if they make one after publishing the article, so that they get the activity, recognition and retweets as well as the publication, and they should properly reference the related handles and hashtags. If not it should be crowdsourced and compiled by searching for verified and/or related Twitter accounts to the pronouns listed in the article.

38 comments:

  1. Buy Commercial playground equipment and allow your kids to take risks and make new friends.
    playground equipment

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are really grateful for your blog post. You will find a lot of approaches after visiting your post.
    Kevlar motorcycle gloves


    Kevlar motorcycle shirts

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a great resource that you are providing and you give it away for free. I love seeing blog that understand the value of providing a quality resource for free.
    armored motorcycle hoodie

    motorcycle cargo pants

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the blog loaded with so many information. Stopping by your blog helped me to get what I was looking for.

    womens biker apparel

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your post is great. It shows your deep understanding of the subject. Waiting for your future posts.


    canon.com/ijsetup

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey very nice blog!! Man .. Beautiful .. Amazing .. I will bookmark your website and take the feeds also…I’m satisfied to seek out numerous helpful info here in the post, we need develop more techniques on this regard, thanks for sharing. anilinkz

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, cool post. I’d like to write like this too – taking time and real hard work to make a great article… but I put things off too much and never seem to get started. Thanks though.
    cheap hair salon stockholm
    cheap hairdresser stockholm
    tattoos salon

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is the type of information I’ve long been trying to find. Thank you for writing this information.
    cheap hair salon stockholm
    cheap hairdresser stockholm
    tattoos salon

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello I am so delighted I located your blog, I really located you by mistake, while I was watching on google for something else, Anyways I am here now and could just like to say thank for a tremendous post and a all round entertaining website. Please do keep up the great work.
    drupal development services
    Woocommerce Development services

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice post! This is a very nice blog that I will definitively come back to more times this year! Thanks for informative post.
    drupal development services
    Woocommerce Development services

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think that thanks for the valuabe information and insights you have so provided here.
    drupal development services
    Woocommerce Development services

    ReplyDelete
  12. It is a great website.. The Design looks very good.. Keep working like that!.
    drupal development services
    Woocommerce Development services

    ReplyDelete
  13. Took me time to read all the comments, but I really enjoyed the article. It proved to be Very helpful to me and I am sure to all the commenters here! It’s always nice when you can not only be informed, but also entertained!

    Yeast Infection During Pregnancy

    ReplyDelete
  14. Positive site, where did u come up with the information on this posting?I have read a few of the articles on your website now, and I really like your style. Thanks a million and please keep up the effective work.

    ingrown eyelash

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is such a great resource that you are providing and you give it away for free. I love seeing blog that understand the value of providing a quality resource for free.

    dumbbell high pull

    ReplyDelete
  16. I definitely enjoying every little bit of it. It is a great website and nice share. I want to thank you. Good job! You guys do a great blog, and have some great contents. Keep up the good work.

    celiac disease rash

    ReplyDelete
  17. I found so many interesting stuff in your blog especially its discussion. From the tons of comments on your articles, I guess I am not the only one having all the enjoyment here! keep up the good work...

    8 week pregnancy bump

    ReplyDelete
  18. Took me time to read all the comments, but I really enjoyed the article. It proved to be Very helpful to me and I am sure to all the commenters here! It’s always nice when you can not only be informed, but also entertained!
    headache icd 10

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is my first time i visit here. I found so many interesting stuff in your blog especially its discussion. From the tons of comments on your articles, I guess I am not the only one having all the enjoyment here keep up the good work

    pagalworld 2021

    ReplyDelete
  20. I wanted to thank you for this great read!! I definitely enjoying every little bit of it I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff you post.

    bollywood mp3 2021

    ReplyDelete
  21. Are you looking for womens clothing online? Shurooq is offering ready to wear women clothing in this summer season. Order your favorite one.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Shurooq, one of leading women brands in Pakistan is offering ready to wear women clothing. Order your favorite one now.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Do you want to learn Quran online? Quran learn academy is offering online Quran teaching UK at affordable rates.

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is very interesting content!I have thoroughly enjoyed reading your points and have come to the conclusion that you are right about many of them.You are great.

    sale on clothing brands in Pakistan

    ReplyDelete
  25. Your article has piqued a lot of positive interest.I can see why since you have done such a good job of making it interesting.

    Pakistani clothing websites

    ReplyDelete
  26. Positive site, where did u come up with the information on this posting?I have read a few of the articles on your website now, and I really like your style.

    online female Quran teacher

    ReplyDelete
  27. I think that thanks for the valuable information and insights you have so provided here.

    Pakistani ladies clothing brands

    ReplyDelete
  28. The website is looking bit flashy and it catches the visitors eyes. Design is pretty simple and a good user friendly interface.

    online Quran tutors for tajweed


    ReplyDelete
  29. Love to read it,Waiting For More new Update and I Already Read your Recent Post its Great Thanks.

    women brands in Pakistan

    ReplyDelete
  30. Thanks for an interesting blog. What else may I get that sort of info written in such a perfect approach? I have an undertaking that I am just now operating on, and I have been on the lookout for such info.

    smile makeover dentist

    ReplyDelete
  31. Online Quran Academy is a platform that teaches users to interact and learn about the meaning of the Qur'an. The platform consists of four parts, namely Live Classes, Online Courses, Free Translations, and challenging quizzes.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Learn Quran Online is a website where you can find the lessons, audio and even software to learn Quraan. It is easy to use and has no limit on the number of times you can listen to it. It is easier than having to memorize all the book by heart.

    ReplyDelete